Subject: [Leica] UV-IR filters.
From: jrgoldman9 at yahoo.com (jay goldman)
Date: Fri Dec 19 18:43:28 2008

I use them all the time without coded lenses.  And the camera no longer
turns black into a reddish color.  I am quite happy w/o coded lens.  I would
not mind having more EXIF data as to the lens, but for the price of coding
it's not that important.

I have a 28 Rokkor (CLE lens modified to bring up the correct frame lines) ,
35 and 50 Summicrons and 90 Tele-Elmarit.  Everything pre-aspheric and I am
quite happy with them.