Subject: [Leica] WAS: LUG Yearbook at 60 Contributors So Far. NOW? WAKE UP DIMWITS!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Dec 19 20:52:35 2008

ALL RIGHT ALREADY! MOVE IT THIS WEEKEND! THIS IS FRIDAY EVENING, MOST OF YOU
WHO HAVEN'T POSTED A COUPLE OF FRAMES OR ONE! ARE WATCHING EITHER A TV
HOCKEY GAME, A STUPID SITCOM, FOOTBALL GAME ! OR nothing!

Or in some cases, a touch of porno for late evening entertainment! ;-)

Look, each year Jim has put this book together, he's done it for US! THE LUG
CREW! THAT'S ALL YOU GUYS WHO HAVEN'T MOVED YOUR ASSES AND SENT A COUPLE OF
FRAMES!

Oh you don't have too, but I'd bet a dollar to a donut many of you who
haven't sent pictures, you've never had a picture published anywhere with
your name for the photo credit! And if that's the case, you are throwing
away one of the greatest thrills of shooting.. A PICTURE IN A BOOK WITH YOUR
NAME AS CREDIT!!!  It's one of the most thrilling aspects of shooting, it
beats the pants off of looking at a computer screen!

You have something to hold in your hands, a published book, to open and show
friends and family. "Hey look! These are my pictures in the 2008 Year book!"
Everyone will get gushy and happy for you. And you will feel ecstatic,
excited and "Holy Cow eh! My pictures!" And you'll smile and feel good!

YOU ONLY NEED TO SEND ONE IF THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE!

And for nothing, but time! Heck I can go into the computer grab a couple,
have them sized and sent faster than I can type this! And most of you are
much faster technically than I! So what's your problem?

So big deal, 60 contributors! Hell there should have been at least 100 or
more, BY NOW! So many photographers, so few pictures!
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHHHHH! COM'ON!

What a waste of Jim's time knocking himself out to produce something for a
bunch of folks he's never met face to face! If some of you don't wake up
there wont be a year book some year! next? Maybe? WHY??

Simply because a very nice guy is knocking himself out for others enjoyment,
receives no monetary compensation, lives and works his ass off against a
dwindling time frame, asks nicely and humbly "please send your pictures,
thank you. Don't forget the deadline is midnight 31 Dec." He's being very
nice and polite in that fashion.

But in reality "YOUR DEADLINE" is within the following 48 hours after he
first announces that he's doing another year book!!

Why would anyone conceivably wait until the last minute of the 31st? Nobody
is that good they have to wait just in case they might have a fantastic
photo within the final minute of 2008! THE TRUTH?

Nobody is that good anywhere!

Is my haranguing getting through to you uncommitted?

Ted. the book grinch.

Com'on get at it even if you send one. Thank you.

Details follow:

Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook at 60 Contributors So Far

But last year we had more than 100 by the finish.

If you haven't submitted your images yet, please do so!  Remember:

1.       Recession special-it costs nothing to submit images (up to two).

2.       You are under NO OBLIGATION to buy the yearbook.

3.       Images can be captured with any camera/lens combination,

         irrespective of manufacturer.

4.       Images must be at least one meg in size, jpg format.

5.       Images should include the title and camera/lens used.

That's about it!  Make sure I get 'em before Dec 31st, preferably sooner!!!

Best,

Jim Shulman

Wynnewood, PA

You know, he's so nice please send your pictures soonest!

Thanks.

ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] WAS: LUG Yearbook at 60 Contributors So Far. NOW? WAKE UP DIMWITS!!)
Reply from richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] WAS: LUG Yearbook at 60 Contributors So Far. NOW? WAKE UP DIMWITS!!)