Subject: [Leica] WAS: LUG Yearbook at 60 Contributors So Far. NOW? WAKE UP DIMWITS!!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Dec 20 07:47:01 2008

Richard Man asked:

>>> Ted, did you do your calling as a drill Sergeant? :-)<<<<<<<

Hi Richard,

No, but while training as an Officer Cadet in the Canadian Armoured Corp we
had a "Drill Sergeant!"  If one wanted to politely call him that from the
UK. He was on exchange with our military in training officers. He was from
the British, "Welsh Guards."

I know many on list have served in the US Marine Corp and experienced "Drill
Sergeant" exposure of the finest and meanest! :-) But this chap was un-real
in his determination to make us good, actually better than that, damn fine
officers to be respected by our Troopers and us to respect our Troopers with
the highest degree of respect!

His nick name?.... "BLACK PAT!" Almost gives me chills up my spine recalling
his.. "friendly fire and parade square drills!!" Trust me. No Hollywood
movie would believe this chap was real. The "cool part?" When it was over?
He was the best damn friend anyone of us could have and non better covering
your back in a fight!!

So that's where some of my "bark!" :-) Not necessarily "BITE" comes from
when we get down to the wire for picture submissions. I also realize some
members are extremely busy with their day to day livelihood, not to forget
many are in the very last stages of final Christmas preparations. This of
course is an old woman's excuse AND hog wash!! Cry me a river! :-( :-(

We all knew January 1 - 2008 there would be a book, therefore everyone who
cares about being part of the LUG CREW family and our yearly picture book,
should've made a desktop folder "2008 book!" In that folder anytime they had
a nice photo it was sized ready for transmission and filed ready to go.

The day Jim asks for submissions the folder is opened. you look at them and
let your heart and gut feelings lead the way for selection, pick two, "click
SEND!"  Done!!!!!!.

But oh no, come December some have to go through a gazillion images, many
worthless at best and should've been deleted when they first hit the screen.
But, we don't do it. Why? Because we are our own worst editors! Me included
in first lace! ASK SANDY CARTER!  :-)

Then time becomes of the essence, and selecting a picture or two becomes a
big pain in the butt and time consuming!   When in reality it could've been
a simple mouse click and DONE!

Maybe this idea will trigger a few to make a desktop "2009 YEAR BOOK" folder
and avoid me wearing my voice out yelling at you December 2009! Thank you
all very much. :-)

NOW FOR HEAVEN SAKE SEND YOUR PICTURES or PICTURE!! Thank you!

And have a nice weekend, that is if you can see out your window at the snow
storms. And right there are picture possibilities, so do them through the
window! Heck you don't even have to go outside! :-)

Now there you go eh? See how kindly and thoughtful I can be? ;-) ;-)

Ted,  (better known as the kindly old picture grinch!")

So Jim is this helping? :-)