Subject: [Leica] Re: Unbelievable
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Dec 20 22:00:07 2008

What I find interesting is the name SUMMARIT which was reintroduced with the
M lens line last year or the year before and I got the impression it BOMBED
and that it turned out that the SUMMARIT  name was not a highpoint for
nostalgia in historical Leica history but a bit of the opposite a bit of an
embarrassment and it was Lee's idea and I thought possibly a reason why he
got the pink slip.
SUMMARIT is now a name being used in the awesome "I am not worthy" Leica S
lens line. A lens line I expect to be second to none in the history of
photography for some time to come and then some. For those with tens of
thousands of dollars to get themselves into a new system. And can wait that
long for a thing like this to maybe happen.

It would be much bigger news; a BOMBSHELL if it was for a system which
anyone could realistically afford.

A new Aircraft Carrier would be great news I'd read about.
But not expect to drive one home in near future.

Its those airplanes you put on them which really jacks up the cost.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner