Subject: [Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Dec 21 14:38:29 2008

At 05:23 PM 12/21/2008, you wrote:
>Yes - Tripods are mis understood and under rated.
>
>They are thought to limit you and tie you down.
>In reality they do the opposite.
>
>They make all things possible and frees your hands and clears the brain.

Mark -

I always read that I should use tripods and I carried Gitzos for many
years; but tripods don't help when the people you are photographing
are moving.  That's my normal situation.  See:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/64509016
I'm sitting quietly in a corner, my camera is on a tripod - or
not.  In order to stop the motion of the people I'm photographing, I
have to shoot wide open at the highest speed possible.  I don't find
a tripod helps any at all.  I can handhold at 1/30 and much
slower.  I do use a monopod at times to steady the camera at 1/15 of
a second but anything that would need a tripod - say 1 second or
longer would also make the moving people a blur.  I guess tripods are
for landscapes and studio shots and immovable objects!!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] S2 Lenses MTF & Resolutions)