Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun Dec 21 19:24:40 2008

Robert,

I wanted to do the same thing about a year and a half ago, but, since I am
going mostly digital, I didn't want to buy expensive gear that I would
seldom use.  I ended up buying an early Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II for 35mm
and slides, and used it with VueScan to manage it, and I did fine with film
and slides back to 1952.

For MF and LF negatives, I am using an early Epson Perfection 2450 flatbed,
and it handles 4x5 and split 5x7 negs ok.

You can spend a lot, and get much more modern gear, but, since old negatives
are seldom perfect, the "oldies" were the preferred route for me.  YMMV ;-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA