Subject: [Leica] IMG: It was a dark and stormy night...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Dec 21 21:37:34 2008

Peter Klein offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: It was a dark and stormy night...

>>George:  The problem here is that as "Moscow Does Not Believe In Tears,"

Seattle Does Not Believe In Snowplows. We only have enough to clear the

freeway and some major arterials.  For the other arterials, you get sand

trucks.  For the residential areas, it's strictly laissez-faire.

 From a money standpoint, it makes sense, as we usually only get a few

light snowfalls per year here.  And it usually melts in a couple of

days.  But when we really get it, the whole place shuts down--with the

exception of my employer, usually.  :-)<<<

Hi Peter,

Given we're just up the coast from you in Canada, we have the same snow plow
system.. Too few too slow!!! As you say.

"we usually only get a few light snowfalls per year here.  And it usually
melts in a couple of days.  But when we really get it, the whole place shuts
down<<<

The storm you had was also here last evening and our streets are in pretty
bad condition. My car is stuck at the end of our driveway! :-) I did a
couple of hours snow digging this morning and it still sits there. :-) Oh
well tomorrow is another day and I may get it out yet. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email) ([Leica] The NW Corner: It is a dark and stormy night...)