Subject: [Leica] The NW Corner: It is a dark and stormy night...
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Sun Dec 21 22:04:08 2008

Ted, Peter et al. here:

I've been watching the NWS Storm Track Radar for our region all day.
For sure we're really getting our fair share of winter weather this
time around.  NWS seems to be blaming it on a Cold Weather Generation
Machine at Williams Lake.

Ted, you know anything about this Secret Canadian Navy device?

First time I've seen so much snow on the ferry docks   (courtesy of
the Washington State DOT WebCams).

Judy and I took a walk  at 2130 PDT with our recently adopted Border
Collies (Sadie and Spur) which lasted less than 15 minutes.  At 25F
and  10 MPH winds, all 4 of us suburbanites wimped out big time and
make a bee-line for the house.

Lots of fat trees and snowdrifts for us all to shoot in the a.m. when
it's all pristine, then out come the shovel and blowers and a ton of
cardio exercise.

We're in our big commercial tree-trimming and pruning season right
now; somehow I don't see myself up in a tree with a Stihl top-handle
arborist saw tomorrow.  And God forbid any of us drops a tool; gone
fro sight until the thaw.

The R8 and 9 and lenses are in the cabinet.  G9 is recharged and back
in my parka ready to document another snowy day.  Hope everyone stay
warm and safe until things to back to merely cold and wet.

Regards,

Bob