Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Mon Dec 22 12:07:41 2008

On 22/12/2008, at 20:46, Bob W wrote:

> That's not for me to decide - email Elliott Erwitt and ask him to
> explain
> himself.

as long as you brought it here, it's supposed that you should know why
you did, alas being able to speak at the very least for what it means
to you, which, BTW, it was all you were asked for.

>  which is one reason why there are so many beautifully printed
> but boring pictures of dried up logs beside lakes, and so few
> exciting but
> technically bad pictures of the D-Day landings.

to me, as I said before, D-Day landings only worths something, if
anything, as historical document. As photography they worth next
nothing. I've seen better and more moving prints in 'found
photographs' sites of unknow soldiers and photographers, lots of them.

You're falling into mistake your tastes and preferences with what
photography should be for everyone, diminishing the value of whatever
you don't like. You can enjoy whatever you like, but there is no need
to overstate what photography should be for the rest of us.

I feel better, to hell with photography, art, women, and all
E. Weston, 1924
http://luis.imaginarymagnitude.net/

Replies: Reply from leica at web-options.com (Bob W) ([Leica] Re: Ansel Adams)
Message from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Re: Ansel Adams)