Subject: [Leica] M8 dead by rain
From: juanbuhler at gmail.com (Juan Buhler)
Date: Mon Dec 22 12:13:48 2008

Hello,

I'm coming out of lurkerdom to ask: Has anyone had an M8 die because
of rain?  I shot in the rain yesterday for about one hour here in San
Francisco. It was cold, also. Later, I left the camera in my car, and
then took it inside. This morning, without checking anything else, I
tried turning the camera on. Nothing. Then I realized there's a bit of
condensation visible in the main viewfinder window.

I took the battery out, and now the M8 is sitting on top of my
computer here at work.

Any ideas as to what I can expect? Any chances it will revive when it
dries inside? Should I use a hair drier on it?

Thanks!

--
Juan Buhler - http://www.jbuhler.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] M8 dead by rain)