Subject: [Leica] M8 dead by rain
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Dec 22 13:09:23 2008

At 03:13 PM 12/22/2008, you wrote:
>Any ideas as to what I can expect? Any chances it will revive when it
>dries inside? Should I use a hair drier on it?
>
>Thanks!

I've used both of mine in torrential rains and even dropped them in a
river, but they're still working fine.  I'd dry them out thoroughly
in low humidity.  I wouldn't use a hairdryer unless you can turn the
heat off.  Just take the battery out and leave the base plate off in
a dry, warm place for a day or so.  My lenses had more of a problem
with condensation than the camera but they eventually dried out, too.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com