Subject: [Leica] Lightroom 2 is great!
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Thu Dec 25 15:07:09 2008

No present this year, but may be I will get a clay slow cooker at some
point....

I spent this morning playing with LR2, following the "Evening" book. I now
agree with Tina and billions other people that LR2 is great. Once you
understand that it's a catalog program with nondestructive editing
capabilities, it makes a lot more sense. I will still need to use Photoshop
for my layer work with the Chinese Calligraphy stuff, and the web gallery is
useful since it cannot apply watermark, but otherwise it makes so many
things so much simpler for a photographer. Best of all, since Vuescan can
output DNG raw file, I can now use the option under Vuescan.

If it only fixes the watermark un-feature, and add a file browser, then it
would be perfect. I only have Photoshop 7 (CS) so it doesn't come with
Bridge, and my previous uber-wonderful file browser program, ACDSee, now
crashes consistently (goggling shows lots of other people have similar
stability issues with it too), so that area is still lacking.

Now trying to slowly import the previous images....
--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// b: http://rfman.wordpress.com

Replies: Reply from john.o.newell at comcast.net (J. Newell) ([Leica] Lightroom 2 is great!)