Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Dec 25 20:30:26 2008

The Coolscan models 4, 5, 2000, 4000, and 5000 only do 35mm.
 Model 8000 and 9000 will do what you want, but they cost a LOT more.  And
scan only a series of 4 (? Maybe it is 6?) Negs at a time.  The others have
the capability of scanning a full roll at once.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I also have some old 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 negatives from the 50s. Not sure about
what kind of camera but the negs are in pretty decent shape. Would I be able
to scan these with one of the Nikon scanners or would I need something more
specialized?

Thanks,
Robert

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion)