Subject: [Leica] In The Yearbook, To Me Size Matters
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sat Dec 27 15:41:20 2008

I've read most if not all of the posts on this subject and I am still
confused and need help.

I understand that the required  resolution is 300 ppi and 3000 pixels is
preferred on the long side but: how much on the short side if I want my crop
faithfully preserved in a full bleed image on the left hand page?

I'm trying to compare the measurements people have suggested with my copies
of the 2006 and 2007 yearbooks and I'm not getting to a 10x8 inch page size
as the yearbook sits in my hand. It is not near 10 inches on the long side
nor quite 8 inches on the short side.

If it makes any difference I am cropping and adjusting image size in PS CS3.

Thanks.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] In The Yearbook, To Me Size Matters)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan) ([Leica] In The Yearbook, To Me Size Matters)