Subject: [Leica] In The Yearbook, To Me Size Matters
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat Dec 27 16:34:39 2008

Bob the book format is 8x10 Landscape. That is only a nominal size. As you
noted the actual dimensions are smaller.
You get two pages. The left page is full bleed (printed right to the edges).
The right page has room for captions.
Pick your photos (landscape is easiest).
Make the first photo 2888 pixels x 2475 pixels
Make the second photo 2271 pixels x 1588 pixels.
If you don't want to crop, make the biggest dimension for each exactly the
same as the biggest dimension for that page (you will get some blank space
in the image container but no resizing by Blurb).
Once you have those photos sized, set their resolution to 300 pixels per
inch. Do not change the actual number of pixels (pixel dimensions of the
photo). Use Image size with Resample UNCHECKED.
Once you have finished your edit, set the colour space to sRGB. Blurb won't
respect your colour space and will treat it as sRGB anyway, but you may see
unpleasant shifts if you send as a bigger colur space.
I recommend that you do not apply any output sharpening especially to bw
film scans.
Get me off list if you like and I will give you exact PSCS3 instructions if
that would help.
Or send me your pics and I'll set them up for you perfectly and send them
back in a couple of minutes.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.