Subject: [Leica] was Scanner, now dram
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun Dec 28 14:22:16 2008

Leonard Taupier" <len-001@verizon.net> wrote
> I think he's talking about 20 year old Lagavulin. I must admit that
> everything I know about single malt I heard on the LUG so I never  heard
> of it either or I missed that thread.

When staying in Edinburgh in '95 at the house of a friend, I was delighted
to discover that the glass of Macallan whisky he proffered me was part of a
case of 50 year old in cask, single malt given to him about 20 years earlier
by his best man  - a director of Macallan - as a wedding present. He - a
true Scot - was eaking his way through the gift, and I was indeed privileged
to join in the eaking!

As a true blue Irishman, I nail my colours to the mast in favour of Irish
whiskey, but, on tasting that particular nectar, I have to admit I was
swayed..... <grin>

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry