Subject: [Leica] Co. Wicklow & Collins
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun Dec 21 09:04:30 2008

The recent thread on Michael Collins's love, or lack of it, for Co. Wicklow,
demanded, that as I live close enough to Greystones, I might remember to
take a relevant shot or two the next time I was down there.

Well, I was down there today. Here is a pic of the house that Micheal
Collins & Kitty Kiernan viewed with the intention of purchasing just before
he was shot.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Brooklands_Greystones.jpg.html

This pic shows the house that Eamon & Sinead De Valera lived in after his
escape from jail. De Valera retreated to the US to fundraise from mid 1919
to the end of 1920 and during those years Michael Collins called regularly
to bankroll his lonely wife.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Edenmore_Greystones.jpg.html

Dull day and the shots were taken with a Nikon D200 with 24mm Nikkor lens at
F8.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry