Subject: [Leica] Re: Polaroid, requiescat in pace
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Tue Dec 30 11:40:21 2008

How about old Ektachromes?
I refused to shoot with it during the 70's and 80's when I was doing
copy slides for artists.
I stuck with Kodachrome. Most of the time I used an M3 with a DR
'cron. Sometimes with a Nikon with a Mirco-Nikkor.
The DR still cleaned its clock.
An old friend had a job going over artist submitted slides at the
MOCA in LA.
She was amazed with the way the Kodachromes held up.
The very worst images, i.e. fading, were done with tungsten Ektachrome.

But, speaking of Polaroid, the issue of its collection is still a
sore point.
One rumor I heard was that the Getty was interested.
???
sd

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Re: Polaroid, requiescat in pace)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Polaroid, requiescat in pace)