Subject: [Leica] IMG: M8 + Visoflex + 400 mm Telyt f:6.8
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Dec 30 16:04:51 2008

Leonard Taupier wrote:

> The problem is not with the M8 or lack of UV/IR filters.
> Here is a photo taken with the 560mm Telyt and Canon 20d. Note the
> out of focus edges behind the bird. I see this all the time with this
> lens when shooting against a bright background. These lenses should
> not have CA according to Erwin. But I think it's the lens. I just
> don't know what.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/842ajl

Note the color fringe on the top of the ram's nose & muzzle (this was with
the 560):

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/artiodactyls/dash01crop.jpg

I suspect it's a chromatic artifact of spherical aberation.  Makes color
fringes at high-contrast out-of-focus edges.  Did anyone notice it on their
2008 calendar?  The f/6.8 Telyts are still among my favorites despite this
artifact.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com ? What can On Demand Business Solutions do for you?

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: M8 + Visoflex + 400 mm Telyt f:6.8)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] IMG: M8 + Visoflex + 400 mm Telyt f:6.8)