Subject: [Leica] 2008 Yearbook & HOW TOO MAKE IT EASIER 2009!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 1 11:03:40 2009

CONGRATULATIONS JIM ONCE AGAIN FOR A GREAT 2008 EFFORT!

 I realize you make it sound so easy as you claim " The mages arrive I drop
them on pages!" To some degree that maybe, but after three years now, sure
it seems a piece of cake.

But it takes far more perseverance and talent to keep the dummy pages
rolling along page after page, going back over it, reading all the text,
spelling corrections and many other "little things" you never mention, but
do to make it as perfect as possible. Not to mention the always on going
pleading for photo entries!

Thank you Jim mon ami. See you next year when you begin your cry for new
2009 entries.

ONLY THIS YEAR?

The message will begin with this announcement!  "SEND PICTURES AS WE HAVE
TROOPS MASSED ON THE HORIZON AND WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND WE WILL COME AND
GET YOU!"  It'll be a hell of a site General Grant dressed as George C.
Scott a top a magnificent white stallion ready to lead the charge, M8 on
neck and saber in hand! :-) :-) :-)

This is merely a small suggestion to make your life simpler in tracking your
'09 book images.

Right now create a desktop icon folder titled "2009 LUG YEAR BOOK!" Then
throughout the year you drop images in there ready for immediate e-mailing
to Jim as soon as the cry for pictures flashes on your screen! In this
fashion you are not screwing around going through hundreds of images for one
that makes your heart go pitty pat.

Simply because, as the year progresses the pictures you've put in the book
folder are there because your heart and soul knew it's a nice photo for the
book.

Then once a month do an edit, keep what you feel you are still happy with
and throw out those that don't make the cut.  HOWEVER!!!!!

DON'T THROW THEM OUT!   PUT THEM IN A #2 BOOK FOLDER JUST IN CASE COME
NOVEMBER, YOU DO ONE OF THOSE. "Oh jeesh why did I throw that shot out, I'd
like to look at it again!"  Then you can simply open edited images #2 BOOK
FOLDER! It becomes an organized piece of cake without any effort!

Have a good 2009 shoot and please do as I suggest above, as it'll make your
life a hundred fold easier come October-November. MORE IMPORTANT? :-) You
wont have to put up with that mean assed old SOB haranguing you to send in
you pictures. :-)

Given a few folks were a touch "testy" shall we say, due to my haranguing
word approach for pictures, I don't apologize!  It's what's necessary
sometimes with some folks in the world today to move their collective ass to
get something done. Is it done to hurt feelings? Nope never! If that were
the case it wouldn't be allowed on the screen! Trust me your feelings would
be really hurt. However.. Nothing good comes from that kind of manners or
approach for cooperation!

What was nice? The humour some derived from the so called "HARSH
HARANGANGINGS!" :-)

By the way to everyone who made the effort I offer a very large "THANK YOU
VERY MUCH!"  Good on you all! See you same time same place for the next 364
days! :-)

Cheers,

ted