Subject: [Leica] And so it begins...
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jan 2 14:02:05 2009

Seth

>> Though I doubt that technology will or even can slow
down. It's called commerce, <<

On one hand I agree with what you say. But product innovation may take a
back seat to survival. We're in an economy where capital is very tight.
Product innovation is costly and risky.

There's less cost and risk involved in figuring out ways to milk as much
as possible out of the products that are currently in place. I think a
lot of discounting is happening because businesses are trying to turn
inventory into cash (versus trying to clean out inventory because new
models are on the way).

It's not just happening to one company, or even to one industry. It's
happening in lots of places. Business models that have worked for the
past couple of decades may not work going forward. That's just my hunch
and I certainly could be wrong.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] And so it begins...)