Subject: [Leica] And so it begins... BlackBerry vs. iPhone
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jan 2 14:41:01 2009

Blackberries seem very nice to me but they also seem pretty PC Windows and
Canon EOS Honda scooter Nike's.
An Iphone however seems very Mac, Nikon, Leica, Vespa and Clarks.
I think all the very nice, smart and funny people are going Iphone not
Blackberry.
Walking around gazing around lovingly at the screen 18 hours a day at the
movies on the busses and subways walking down the sidewalks. You better move
out of the way!
I gaze lovingly at the screen at the back of my DSLR and chimp in
retribution but I fool nobody.
It's a meager response. Like being fat and telling lots of jokes.
Once in a blue moon I take my ipod out for a walk but I end up missing my
bus or subway stop as a result. I can gaze lovingly at that. And tap my
foot. And sing along. Talking to one self is officially in bounds now as is
singing. Who would a thunk?

Aldous Huxley did not predict this style of lunacy. This mania.
Nor George Orwell,
Nor H. G. Wells,
Nor Edgar Rice Boroughs
Nor Victor Appleton.