Subject: [Leica] 24mm - too close to 28mm?
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jan 3 11:36:33 2009

They are indeed very close. If I didn't already own a 28, I'd get a 24mm. If
I were photographing only with film and already owned a 28mm, I'd stay with
the 28mm.
In fact, with my M Leicas for people photography, like many I use 35mm as a
normal lens. And when I went wider, in fact I bought the CV 25/4 Skopar.

If you use an M8, you may just want the Leica 24mm, if not a 21mm.  Work out
the numbers. 28mm = 37.333 on the M8; 24mm = 32. The 28 would not be wide
enough for me  And a 21mm becomes a 28mm, which you have now for your film
M's.

Seth