Subject: [Leica] be warned, beware! contains some language that may be offensive to tender sensibilities
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jan 3 12:25:27 2009

last week, reeling under the cold white blanket of snow that covered this
area, it came to my mind to share with you all a very amusing ditty
recounting the joys of the Saratoga Springs area and our neighboring
Adirondack Mountains - Aridondacks my tiny granddaughter used to say. The
author's name is Anon. Wishing to avoid offense, I have run this by our
magister ludi for has assessment of suitability. His typically terse reply:
'It's fine.'

With the above warning, here 'tis:

A D I R O N D A C K    D I A R Y

August 12. Moved to our new home in the Adirondacks. Beautiful here. The
northern woods are so majestic. Can hardly wait for it to snow. I love it
here....

October 14. The Adirondacks are the most beautiful place on earth. The
leaves have turned colors - shades of red and orange. Went for a ride
through the country and saw some deer. They are so graceful, certainly they
are the most beautiful animals on earth. I really love it here!

November 11. Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to
kill such a beautiful creature. Hope it will snow soon. What a gorgeous
place!

December 12.  Snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with
white. It's a fairyland; looks like a postcard! We went outside and cleaned
the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I
won), and when the snowplow came by we got to shovel the driveway again.
What a beautiful place --- I love the Adirondacks!

December 14. More snow last night. I love it! The snowplow did his trick to
the driveway again. It's so great here.

December 19. More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get
to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Fucking snow plow.

December 22. More of that white shit fell last night. My hands are blistered
from shoveling. I think the snowplow hides around the curve and waits until
I'm done shoveling the driveway. Asshole!

December 25. Merry Christmas! More fucking snow. If  I ever get my hands on
the son-of-a-bitch who drives that snowplow I swear I'll kill the bastard.
Don't know why they don't use more salt on the road to melt the fucking ice.

December 27. More white shit last night. Been inside for three days, except
for shoveling the driveway after that snowplow goes through. Can't go
anywhere - the car's stuck in a mountain of white shit. The weatherman says
to expect another 10" of the shit again tonight. Do you know how many
shovels of snow 10" is?

December 28. The fucking weatherman was wrong. We got 23" of that white shit
this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snowplow got stuck
up the road and that bastard came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel.
After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the shit he
pushed into the driveway, I broke my last shovel over his fucking head.

January 4. Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food
and on the way back a damned deer ran in front of my car and I hit it. Did
about $3,000. damage to the car. Those fucking beasts should be killed. Wish
the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3.Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is
rusting out from all the fucking salt they put on the roads.

May 10. Moved to Georgia. I can't imagine why anyone in his right mind would
ever live in those god-forsaken Adirondacks.

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] be warned, beware! contains some language that may be offensive to tender sensibilities)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] be warned, beware! contains some language that may be offensive to tender sensibilities)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] And so it begins...)
Message from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com) ([Leica] And so it begins...)