Subject: [Leica] And so it begins... now pens!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 3 16:11:37 2009

Coincidently because I have just joined a choir in Brooklyn (I am a second
bass we are doing the Poulenc "Gloria") I have gotten into mechanical
pencils just this month. Last 30 days....
You have to bring a pencil to rehearsal.
A mechanical works out better as you arrive you have a point.
And its not imbedded in your thigh. Whereupon you gotta get the lead out.
So first I bought a bag of 9 cheap mechanical pencils which cost less than a
baggie of 9 real pencils I was amazed to find.
They look just like real wood pencils. But they twist.
They I discovered the little ones with the rubber tips all different colors
I got those. I am a big fan of very short ballpoint pens which fit in my
pockets and come in 31 flavors. Same company.
Then I spent 5 or more bucks on a Pentel P205 with a .5mm lead.
http://davesmechanicalpencils.blogspot.com/2006/05/pentel-sharp-p205-mechani
cal-pencil.html
http://www.myop.com.au/img/productImages/pentel/p205.jpg
Which gets called a drafting pencil.

But I noticed at Staples? across the street from where I live on the upper
west side in the Drafting supplies aisle.
Staedtler? Mars? Draft Technical Pencil Set
For $12.99
And you'd figure a thing like that would cost at least 13 bucks so I'm
rushing over there first thing Monday morning.

Set includes both .5mm and .7mm leads
3-piece precision brass clutch and pocket clip
Wide-profile barrel with rubber grip

But I saw something for 20 25 bucks but I'm not finding on the internet.

Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] And so it begins... now pens!)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] And so it begins... now pens!)