Subject: [Leica] Diesel in the snow
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Jan 4 10:32:47 2009

Mark Rabiner wrote:
Paterson home of the Colt company who made the Colt Paterson 45
And Alan Ginsberg who didn't pack one,
But packed a Leica M6.
And wrote the pivotal Beat Poem "Paterson".

Nice, Mark.  I once had a 1972 280 SEL 4.5 -- obviously not a diesel, but I
can still relate.  I didn't know Ginsberg used an M6, but I knew he was
something of a photographer and made a lot of casual portraits from the beat
era using a Retina
(http://www.samuseum.org/exhibitions/detail.php?uid=20).<http://www.samuseum.org/exhibitions/detail.php?uid=20>

He didn't write "Paterson," though.  That was WC Williams.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Diesel in the snow)