Subject: [Leica] Re: ION scanner
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Dec 28 09:36:46 2008

Amazon has a couple of user's reviews.  People seem to like it for what it
is (for $89).
http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Photo-Negative-Converter-SLIDES2PC/dp/B001DCGMR4

Of course you can get a decent flatbed for the same change, but this may be
easier to use, and it's a lot smaller on your desk.  In the past I've used a
digital p/s to shoot slides on a light table, so the concept
is obviously viable.  It also comes with ArcSoft image editing software, but
Windows only.

Since Jerry's new at this I would think it's a pretty sensible way to test
the digital waters.  With these kinds of products the user reviews are often
polarized:  newbie's may love it while serious veterans hate it.  Only way
to see for yourself is to give it a try.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE