Subject: [Leica] For Those Waiting for M8 Upgrade in US
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon Jan 5 08:28:58 2009

For those of you in the US, thought this information regarding upgrades may
be useful. I contacted Leica NJ in mid-November requesting to be put on the
list. Was told that I was probably going to have to wait until mid-December.
On calling back to see where I was on the list, was told I wasn't on the
list and then told it would be May of '09.
?
I received this via email over the holidatys. Glad to hear they recognize
and are working on meeting the demand.
Best,
Bob
?
Received from Leica, NJ:
?
Dear M8 Customer,
Re: M8 Upgrades
We thank you for contacting us regarding the upgrade(s) for your M8. Due to
unforeseen
circumstances, we have fallen behind on our original schedule. We regret
this predicament but
we believe you would appreciate one of the reasons for the delay is that our
technicians, apart
from doing the upgrades are also cleaning and checking the cameras to ensure
that your M8
continues to perform outstandingly.
Leica Camera Inc. has now taken additional steps to remedy the situation. We
will begin
contacting customers again after the holidays to inform you when you should
send your M8 to
our facility in Allendale, NJ.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding,
patience and
continued support as we strive to remedy the situation.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact
Sarah atsarah.mayville@leicacamerausa.com
Alternatively, they can be reached at (201) 995-0051.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Leica Camera Inc.
Customer Serviceor Colleen at colleen.murray@leicacamerausa.com.Leica Camera
Inc. / 1 Pearl Court, Unit A / Allendale, NJ 07401-1610 / USA /
www.leicacamerausa.comTelephone (+1) 201-995-0051 / Fax (+1) 201-995-1686
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com