Subject: [Leica] Re: PC to Mac
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Jan 5 08:23:28 2009

For those who are having trouble switching from a PC to a Mac,
checkout the following item from CNET:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10130908-37.html?tag=mncol;posts

I must say that I have used a Mac at home since 1984 although I was
required to use a PC at work. The Macs have been rock solid in
hardware performance and the OS is much more stable than Vista on the
PC. The only problem in switching from one to the other machine was
that software programs with the same name worked differently on each
computer. These days Mac offers the best of both worlds since it is
possible to run all Windows programs on the Mac using the included
BootCamp facility in OS 10.5 or the relatively low cost Parallels
program. It is also possible to run the Intel version of Mac OS X on
a PC by using some simple and well documented hacks. Google it for
information.

Larry Z