Subject: [Leica] OT I think - Letiz saw blades???
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Jan 6 03:56:06 2009

Hi Aram,
No connection - this Leitz was founded in 1876 in Oberkochen (where Carl
Zeiss is located) as a manufacturer of wood boring drills.

There's another (unrelated) Leitz in Germany that is so famous for
making lever-arch files that the term "Leitz Ordner" is used to describe
them independent of where and by whom they were made.

Cheers
Douglas