Subject: [Leica] Travel Hard Drive?
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu Jan 8 09:35:08 2009

Doug,
Newer models are M8 worthy.
Best,
Bob
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com

________________________________
From: "wildlightphoto@earthlink.net" <wildlightphoto@earthlink.net>
To: lug@leica-users.org
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2009 9:17:50 AM
Subject: RE: [Leica] Travel Hard Drive?

I have a hyperdrive HD80, available as a bare shell, you install the laptop
hard drive of your choice.? What I like:

USB connectivity to computer
fast copy from SD card (but see "what I don't like")
can use many types of cards
includes li-ion AA batteries, AC & 12-volt chargers
can use alkaline AA batteries

what I don't like:

no photo playback for confirmation
doesn't play nice with SD cards formatted by DMR firmware 1.3

The HD80 is an old model, Hyperdrive has several newer models and they
claim M8 compatability? www.hyperdrive.com

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com