Subject: [Leica] Charging for Fine Arts Print, price per sq. in?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 8 19:34:31 2009

>What's the rule of thumb for charging for a fine arts print? Thanks.<<<

OOPS  I missed per square inch! Aaaaaacccccccccccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the content and picture quality!

I've been paid $500.00 for an 8X10!

I've been paid $13,500 USA for an 11X14!

It depends on who the photographer/artist is.

It depends on how daring you are at asking a price.

It depends on your gut feeling. Whimps get next to nothing! :-(

It depends if this is one of the best pictures you ever shot.

It depends on your ability to say  $2000.00 and not blink an eye!

It depends on the fact you have the guts to say the above and not cry when
they don't buy!

Quite frankly it's an almost impossible question to answer.

You can always come down, you can't go up! Start high, size matters! :-)

When you say the amount, don't say it like "YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT!"  Spit it
out like it's the cost of a loaf of bread and don't bat an eye! "Oh my usual
print rate is $2000, for that one! "

Besides which would you rather have, $2000 ? Or $200.00? If a body is
interested in your photograph it automatically means the purchaser is
interested! So why not ask for $1000. minimum Or $2000.00 without a blink.

You'll find out quite quickly how serious the buyer is when you give them
the price.

Don't nickel and dime yourself. it's demeaning to your ability!

Not sure this is what you wanted to hear. Hell just go for it and ask an
incredible  price!

Just don't cry when they don't buy! :-)

ted