Subject: [Leica] Regarding those snaps of a few days ago
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu Jan 8 22:16:59 2009

On Thurs. Jan. 9 Kenneth Frazier <kennybod@mac.com>wrote:

>Herewith a couple of images I knew would "push."  That is, when I
>shot them, I knew I was shooting in a situation where the lighting
>and focus would be iffy, but I wanted to do it just to see what would
>emerge.

>http://homepage.mac.com/kennybod/PhotoAlbum30.html
I like the coffeeshop and cat pictures.  Simple, effective.  I have to say
that
the streetscape doesn't work for me because the key moment was missed -
the figure should be seen dead center against the sky.  This is one of those
that should be kept private and used for motivation to do better the next
time
there is a similar moment.  I'm afraid showing the picture the way it is
just
calls attention to what could have been.

I hope you don't mind seeing my analysis.

Good luck with the darkroom.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee