Subject: [Leica] The Bristlecone Trees Enigma
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat Jan 10 02:59:34 2009

One neat thing about shooting film is that often you don't really know what
you have until you make a print, or scan the film in and see it at a larger
size on the computer. I have been re-scanning some of the film due to losing
the previously scanned copies to a hard drive failure last year.
Re-examining the photos allows me a new perspective on which photos have
potential.

The Bristlecone trees are the oldest living things on earth - the oldest
specimen being 4000-5000 years old. The elevation of their habitat is high,
the air and ground are dry. Half of the trees look dead, and the other half
looks half dead. Nevertheless, they thrive, and they will continue to thrive
for a long time to come.

The Chinese reads, "Ancient Unusual Trees," as I have no idea what
Bristlecone translates to in Chinese.

For the photo, please visit http://rfman.wordpress.com

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com