Subject: [Leica] Thanks...
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Jan 10 05:39:32 2009

Hi Gary,

welcome to the crew from one of the German branch of the family -
perhaps 3 or 4 of us in all.

I'm an amateur too, or at least I don't sell enough pictures to be able
to make a living from it, so translation is the name of the game.

Like Steve, I shoot predominantly digital, in my case Canon DSLRs with
literally dozens of adapters for manual lenses of all brands, but I
still venture into film with and M6, and M4-2, various Rs and SL/SL2
cameras, Contax SLR and, my favourite ever film camera, a Rollei 3003,
and occasionally into 6x6 with a Rollei 6006 - currently dead because
the powerpack need sending off to Franke & Heidecke for replacement of
the cells.

I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here - there's probably the greatest
massed global knowledge/experience/expertise on almost every camera -
from pinholes to film, digital and even video - gathered here. (Also
varied interests ranging from cats, dogs, guns, bags, pens, watches,
bikes, cars and hats to steam trains and planes - to name but a few)

It may be called the LEICA Users Group, but it's much more about
photography than about the almost religious fundamentalism concerning
cameras graced by red dots that characterises some other lists.

All the best from Hannover
Douglas