Subject: [Leica] Superman
From: h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche)
Date: Sun Jan 11 07:54:24 2009

This is so OT, but-

My dream for next year is to see Florida face USC to defend. Then they will
have gone up against, in quick succession, the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 10.
That's what it will take for me to believe they've finally arrived.

It's still hard for me to believe the Gators have become a powerhouse
program. Growing up in the 60's and attending in the 70's Florida's teams
always were, at best second tier, and then in the 80's, as Nathan said, good
teams under NCAA sanctions (they were stripped of the 1st SEC championship
they ever won). My Dad's memories went back to the 30's, and I think the
decades of failure eventually turned him off to all of college football.