Subject: [Leica] RE: Superman
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Sun Jan 11 09:49:24 2009

Superman! Yup- another great UF Football player! UF has it all;
Football, Basketball - a most feared SEC team.

The Miami game i believe Nathan refers to was in '84 when a freshman
QB named Bernie Kosar took the Hurricanes to a National Title Vs
Oklahoma. A year later a little guy named Doug Flutie from Boston
College (ok, I am an alum!) wiped out all hope U of M had of repeating
with a with a last gasp 6 sec. left Hail Mary pass that was in the air
over 60 yards to beat the Hurricanes in the Orange Bowl on
Thanksgiving Day (in the US). We took the Cotton Bowl that Year.

But don't forget, the year ('86 I think) BYU went 13-0 and udefeated
was the year Robbie Bosco, though injured in the second half, QB'd the
Cougars to victory vs an undefeated Michigan team. BYU has a long
history of producing Superbowl QB's - Jim McMahon and Steve Young for
example in that lil' ol' Mountain Conference :-)

This year a great Vandy team sniped my BC Eagles in a Dec. Bowl game;
Vandy has great athletics and scholars to boot :-)

Wish I could recall important things like we do this stuff!

Ed

Edward J Caliguri
ejcaliguri@comcast.net