Subject: [Leica] Neopan Advice
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jan 11 11:32:28 2009

At 02:18 PM 1/11/2009, you wrote:
>I have used TMax films, TMY ISO 400 but I found the lattitude too
>tight, almost like transparency film, so I've gone back to Tri-X and
>found it very workable. I also like its plasticity and classic look.
>
>You can see some examples on my Mexico pages at: www.carlsandersocolow.com
>
>Best,
>
>Carl

What a wonderful project, Carl.  Your black and whites look
great.  I've always used either TMax or TriX in the past but did have
problems with the shadows blocking up in Bolivia.  My favorite color
slide films are Fuji so I thought I might try the Neopan B&W.  I have
read good things online about how well the Neopan scans but also that
it's a very thin film that scratches easily. I guess I'd better get a
few rolls and try them but time is getting short!

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com