Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams and digital
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Jan 12 22:04:48 2009

I have the text in a book on B&W Photography Techniques with Photoshop. I
think that it is quoted from "The Negative". I don't have that here. Of
course I remain in awe when I read and see of the wet print making skill
that Ansel displayed. I take this quote of his as an endorsement for me to
try to learn my digital darkroom as best I can. What amazing prescience
Ansel had, to make this statement in 1981!

"I eagerly await new concepts and processes. I believe that the electronic
image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own
inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and
functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them."

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.