Subject: [Leica] Re: Ansel Adams and digital
From: tcb at thadbrown.com (TCB)
Date: Tue Jan 13 07:48:11 2009

Indeed. I was just flipping through 'The Negative' again and AA suggests
doing a
polaroid before exposing a negative, instead of taking two negatives,
developing
one in the lab, and then developing the second according to the first. The
funny
thing is that my D300 has more or less devolved to doing this job. When I'm
trying to be 'serious' and shooting MF I put my D300 on the tripod first. I
like
to shoot a lot of low and night things, so exposures can vary pretty wildly.
The
D300 gives me an LCD and a histogram to read to get an idea of what's what
with
shadows and highlights, just like a polaroid.

The other funny thing in 'The Negative' that I ran across was the closest
thing
you'll ever to an AA 'rant.' It was something like, 'I am categorized as a
realistic photographer, but great care and effort is needed to make an image
viewer will perceive as natural' which I took as AA's very gentle way of
saying,
'You know, folks, I didn't just happen upon some dogwood blossoms and pull
out my
point and shoot, that thing too some flamin WORK!'

TCB

On Tue 13/01/09  8:24 AM , Slobodan Dimitrov s.dimitrov@charter.net sent:

www.nathanfoto.com>> Books:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/search?search=wajsman&x=0&am