Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Wed Jan 14 20:10:03 2009

> Hi Greg,> > When using the XLR inputs and outputs you are using a balanced
> system > which should improve the signal to noise and increase the signal
> > level by 3 db. Also RCA jacks are much more likely to become >
> intermittent. XLR connections are superior and are generally found on >
> more expensive equipment where audio quality is the prime > consideration.
> Of course the cables themselves can be very expensive > and can include
> filter networks to further improve audio quality. Do > some research on
> the subject.

Hi Len,

I've read up on it on the internet. The amp/pre-amp manual's make the same
arguments in favour as you and the net.

However, I can't find a system locally to see if I can actually hear the
difference. To buy these cables in Calgary, I'll have to have them custom
made and the price per cable is Leica like... and I need nine of them.

Regards,

Greg

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] OT: Audiophile Question)