Subject: [Leica] OT: Audiophile Question
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Thu Jan 15 09:46:36 2009

frank.dernie@btinternet.com writes:> I can hear the difference between
speaker cables in a double blind test. What I would like to know as an
engineer is why? What is the cause. Certainly
> none of the simple R L C parameters explain it. I have heard several
> plausible explanations but no definitive test.> I, on the other hand, know
> engineers who would not participate in a test such as this since they
> "know" it can't make a difference. But they aren't proper
> engineers IMO.
I hooked my blueray player's audio out to my receiver's in initially with
toslink and subsequently with 8 channel outs and yes I can hear the
difference in audio quality between the two.

Greg Lorenzo
Calgary, Canada
Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Message from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] OT: Audiophile Question)