Subject: [Leica] The 5% solution
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Mon Jan 19 12:46:16 2009

So I went to check out the ImagePrint site and note with interest that they
will release a version for the HP Z3100. But the HP Z3100 already has a
profiling capability builtin. May be the ImagePrint solution will give you
the last 5%? I don't know, but do most photographers use the FIRST 95% of
what they or their equipments can do? Sometimes I think it's altogether too
easy to throw money at "problems," when it is the people behind the camera
that need more work... I know some pro who just use the Epson Enhanced Matte
(or whatever it's called this week) for their exhibiton and print sales.
Nothing fancy like photo rag or the finest cold press watercolor, but the
"cheapie" Enhanced Matte. Once it's behind glass, you can't tell the
difference, so why not?! Of course I am guilty in playing with printing on
rice paper (Japanese washi), but I am justifying by saying that I am matting
my prints using non-traditional look. In the end, I guess that's what we do:
justify why we need that last 5%...

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// b: http://rfman.wordpress.com