Subject: [Leica] re: bokeh
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Jan 20 06:13:07 2009

Doug,

I often wonder about bokeh in the digital world. I look at some
photographs and questions whether or not someone just added a little
Gaussian blur. Does an AA filter affect bokeh? Do filters, like unsharp
mask, affect OOF areas? I assume they do, but how much?

I never know how much the look of OOF is due to the lens and how much
might be due to software. I suppose lens characteristics become more
important the more a photo is "straight from the camera". But what image
isn't post processed a little now days?

DaveR