Subject: [Leica] Snow Cream
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Tue Jan 20 17:45:13 2009

Food photos crop up here pretty often.

Looking through pictures today, I came across the shrimp shot. It was
inspired by Cousin Sonny's shrimp photo and recipe a few weeks ago.
Miss Kitty thought it looked good and cooked up here variation on the
theme. I took the photo to let Sonny know we watch.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/menu/shrimp.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/78ss3e

That got me to thinking about another family food tradition here. Snow
is a rarity here and means a party day for kids (and some adults).
Since I can remember, we had snow cream on those few days every couple
of years when snow fell deep enough to collect. It's just Eagle Brand
milk and snow. Here's Kitty making it taste better during our stay at
home inaugural snow day:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/menu/cream1.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/79aehv

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/menu/cream2.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/8ged6v

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/menu/cream3.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/a6j72c

Frank Zappa's admonition. "Don't you eat the yellow show," does not
apply.

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/