Subject: [Leica] Wildly vague: shooting indoors
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jan 22 22:33:38 2009

If HCB and Munk?csi are your faves you night experiment in your photography
doing what they do or did for a year. See if your shots come out better.
Don't eat cornflakes in the morning HCB ate Wheat Chex and Munk?csi ate
Raisin Bran.
I'd combine them.
Neither used 1A filters nor UV filters. Trust me neither of them would touch
them with a ten foot pole.
HCB used a 50 all the time. So I'd crazy glue a 50 to your camera.
Wide angles for show offs he'd say.
No clue what that could me you need to get into anarchy to understand it and
maybe be French.
A rangefinder camera not a SLR.
I just saw a great Munk?csi show last year in the International Center Of
Photography where I'm  going to see another show in a few days of Steichen
they had Munk?csis voice talking over a speaker about all kinds of stuff.
But not which gear he used.
Some odd thing like he's famous for being about the first guy to really
capture action people in the air
but he used a tripod. Something like that.
Sheet film maybe.
Its ALWAYS what you don't think.

Munk?csi as Avedon's main influence

And Avedon is probably mine.
Though you'd not know it from ANY of my photographs
:)

And he was also an up and coming photographers main influence by the name of
Henri Cartier-Bresson.

Avedon was into Grape Nuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Munk?csi

Mark William Rabiner