Subject: [Leica] Coaling pier
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Mon Jan 26 15:53:28 2009
References: <54E8F3CD25B343409BAF132CB97D558D@precisionm50><C5CE7CF1-1A1B-4BBB-9BF9-5EFBA6707A26@telefonica.net><a3f189160901252026y9ec233fn93f3993cec2fdd47@mail.gmail.com><50E4FF8161CA44499C27AF713141BD05@precisionm50> <a3f189160901260637o1d93cdb1paf2d213c83ed6e8@mail.gmail.com><CAB4F3A50E584C459773BDAA3C9A26FA@precisionm50> <497DFB39.1080900@gmx.de> <EE01250F72964CA88B2EEFE99DE4E8BE@precisionm50>

Bob, I remember Victoria Park well,

It is actually said to be the first ever public park in the UK.

I used to go walking there too, along Bow Road towards Mile End, up
Grove Road, around the lake and then make my way back along Old Ford
Road to the Bethnal Green Museum - one of London's hidden gems - the
Museum of Childhood - with Rodin copies on the front lawn and a
fascinating collection of Samurai armour.

I did a lot of walking in those days, even as far as Brick Lane market
which was always good for a cheap sunday lunch. Being a career beginner
and living and working in London left little at the end of the month to
do anything else :-)

In spite of it all, I enjoyed (almost) every minute of it.

Cheers
Douglas