Subject: [Leica] Elmar 3.5/50 on Enlarger
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jan 27 12:26:30 2009

At 03:04 PM 1/27/2009, Jan Decher wrote:
 >How about using an older collapsible M-ELmar 3.5/50 as an enlarger
 >lens?  I got a Novoflex M-M39(LTM) adapter and cold use it on my
 >Omega B22XL.  Has anyone else tried to use the Elmar for enlarging?

Jan

Note that M39 is 39mm by 1mm DIN thread, while
LTM is 39mm by 26 turns-per-inch Whitworth
thread.  They are not interchangeable save with Force and Violence.

Enlargers use LTM threads as Leitz hawked the
3.5/5cm Elmar as both a taking and as an
enlarging lens, and this soon became the standard
fitment.  There is no reason why an M Elmar
shouldn't perform as decently as an enlarger lens as does the LTM version.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!