Subject: [Leica] Current Events
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jan 29 06:29:24 2009

Not to be Cassandra, but if there is some Kodak product that you especially
desire I would advise stocking up.  My belief is that they have only two or
three years left before they vanish.  The company bet it's life on the
printer business which is going nowhere; HP, Canon, and Epson all countered
the cheap ink selling point to their printers and so as the new boy on the
block their only advantage(cheap consumables) is gone.  Plus, the
established players are working with other companies to supply free printers
after rebates to hook people to their consumables.

Kodak's film business as is everyone's is virtually gone, Fuji owns what is
left of the paper and chemistry business, the third world is using cell
phones instead of film.  The medical imaging business is on the block and
their sensor business is not making any money.  So, Kodak is left to
continually chopping head count chasing vanishing revenues.

Seth can fill in the positive news.