Subject: [Leica] Lens compatibility
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jan 29 06:35:56 2009

Stephen,
No worries as all of your lenses will work fine excepting the Noct.  From
what I have read and from luggers out there, it is almost impossible to get
the Noct to focus properly wide open even after adjusting the Noct to a
specific M8 rangefinder.  My personal belief is that the relatively large
spherical aberation of the Noct means that there is only one point of sharp
focus wide open so that unless you hit that point with your focusing patch
the image doesn't work.  This is not such bad news as you can achieve most
of the look by using a Canon LTM 50 F1.4 which will largely give that lovely
sharp unsharp look at 1.4.  However, nothing works like the Noct to kill
flare so if you do a lot of theater work probably your best choice is first
the 50 ASPH followed by the Konica 60 1.2.